With the growing popularity of living a plant-based and vegan lifestyle, the demand for almond milk continues to increase. Celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian and many well-known social media influencers have advertised their love for almond milk and swear by its benefits.
Consumers around the world love almond milk for its delicious nutty flavor, thick consistency, and nutritional richness. Moreover, almond milk is not just loved by vegans or vegetarians; instead, many consumers who are either lactose intolerant or simply like to experiment with their diets love this delicious dairy milk substitute.
To capitalize on the global trends, plant-based milk-producing brands have introduced flavored almond milk variants to attract all kinds of customers. Some popular almond milk types include chocolate-flavored almond milk, strawberry-flavored almond milk, vanilla almond milk, honey-flavored almond milk, etc.
Continue reading below to learn about almond milk and some popular ways that one can consume it.
What is Almond Milk?
Almond milk is one of the most popular types of plant-based milk that was first introduced in Southern Europe almost three centuries ago. Different pieces of evidence and religious texts provide proof of almond milk being used in almost all regions of the world for a very long time. Now, due to heavy internet advertisements, almond milk is available almost everywhere across the globe.
With barely any calories and a lot of mono-saturated fatty acids, almond milk is recommended for people who are either lactose intolerant or want to lose weight.
Almond milk is produced at large scale vegan milk factories and also at home. Fresh almonds are soaked and extensively blended into filtered water. Once a thick creamy mixture of water and blended almonds is formed, it is pressed through a mesh or cheesecloth to extract the thin almond milk.
Top Three Best Ways to Consume Almond Milk
1. Almond Vanilla Latte
One of the most popular ways to consume plant-based milk is by preparing different coffee beverages. Globally dispersed establishments like Starbucks have introduced a lot of coffee drinks made using almond milk.
Almond vanilla lattes are extremely easy to make and are loved by people across the globe. To prepare a delicious serving of almond vanilla latte, one needs espresso, almond milk, honey, almond extract, and ice. Follow the directions given below to prepare a tall glass of almond vanilla latte:
- You can choose to purchase an espresso shot or make espresso at home. To make espresso at home, take some ground coffee beans and mix them with a small amount of water to make a concentrated coffee solution that does not have any solid particles.
- Pour the coffee concentrate or espresso shot in a glass and add a spoonful of honey. Keep stirring until fully mixed.
- Pour chilled almond milk until it reaches the brim of the glass and begin stirring.
- Add two drops of almond extract.
- Lastly, add some ice cubes and enjoy with a straw.
2. Almond Milk Based Pasta Sauce
Vegan pasta is everybody’s new favorite pasta. This kind of pasta has gained an impressive amount of recognition in a small time. Not only do they not contain any meat, but their main sauce is also made from plant-based almond milk. In order to prepare a rich and homely almond milk-based pasta sauce, you need almond milk, vegan butter, all-purpose flour, garlic cloves, and a blend of herbs.
Follow the instructions given below to prepare you vegan pasta sauce in less than three minutes:
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add three teaspoons of vegan butter.
- As the butter melts, add three tablespoons of all-purpose flour and keep mixing until a clumpy dry powder is achieved. Keep the pan away from the heat and let the dry mixture cool down.
- Put the pan on a low flame again and start pouring the almond milk gradually.
- Keep stirring and adding the almond milk till all clumps are fully dissolved.
- Add some finely minced garlic, pepper, and salt and stir.
- Finally, add a blend of herbs and turn off the heat.
Pour the pasta sauce over your pasta shells and enjoy your meal with a side of freshly baked bread. Yum!
3. Overnight Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Having a hearty serving of a nutritious breakfast energizes your body and helps set a positive mood for the day. People who usually skip breakfast feel lazy, tired, and unmotivated throughout their day.
One of the best ways to make sure that you never miss your breakfast is to prepare it at night. An overnight breakfast bowl is an ideal breakfast packed with nutrition, vitamins, and antioxidants that keep your energy high all day. For a delicious and healthy overnight breakfast bowl, you need almond milk, vanilla extract, banana, oats, fresh berries, sunflower seeds, and maple syrup.
Follow the steps mentioned below to prepare your bowl:
- Put a saucepan on medium flame and heat a cup of almond milk for one minute.
- Once the milk is hot, add two tablespoons of dry oats and stir until the oats soften.
- Pour the oats and milk into a bowl and stir in a teaspoon of honey.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for the night.
- During the day, all you need to do is slice a fresh banana and add a handful of your favorite berries to the bowl.
- Sprinkle a few sunflower seeds for extra fiber and vitamins.
- Lastly, drizzle some maple syrup on top and enjoy!