One can use oat milk exactly how most consumers use their animal-produced milk. Oat milk is just as diverse and far more nutritious than most animal-produced milk.
From being used as a delicious natural tea whitener to an everyday source of milk for coffee, oat milk can do it all.
Moreover, oat milk is widely used for making breakfast bowls, milk-based desserts, cakes, treats, ice cream, and much more.
Continue reading below to learn in greater detail about oat milk and the top eight best ways for a person to consume oat milk.
What is Oat Milk and What Has Made it so Popular Worldwide?
Since the trend of shifting to a more organic and vegan lifestyle has gained global popularity, people worldwide are eagerly moving toward adopting non-dairy everyday lifestyles. Although dietitians have not ruled out the consumption of animal-based food and drinks as unhealthy, the percentage of people shifting to a vegetarian or a strict vegan lifestyle has been notably high in the past few years.
This lifestyle comes with completely replacing animal meat, milk, cheese, butter, etc., with plant-based variants that offer a similar nutritional value, if not more.
What is Oat Milk?
One of the most popular and well-loved forms of plant-based milk available in the market is oat milk. In 2019, the global oat milk market was valued at an impressive 372.5 million USD.
Moreover, this figure is expected to grow immensely to a whopping 698.9 million USD in less than half a decade.
Many vegan or vegetarian people already in a constant search to find more organic and plant-based food sources have had no trouble embracing oat milk. Apart from its plant-based background, people love oat milk for its delicious taste, delightful aroma, natural sweetness, and many other health benefits.
Moreover, since oat milk does not contain lactose at all, people struggling with lactose intolerance worldwide have expressed great enthusiasm and excitement for oat milk.
Furthermore, oat milk has not been limited to a vegan or lactose intolerant audience base. Instead, many people who otherwise have no issue consuming animal-based food products prefer oat milk over regular animal milk for its consistency, taste, and nutritional content.
Why is Oat Milk so Popular Around the World?
Oat milk has been one of the most searched global trends that, to this date, seems to get more and more attention every day. Celebrities, social media influencers, and internet lifestyle coaches have played a big part in influencing people to try oat milk.
With so many online video clips and food blogs showcasing the use of oat milk to make different drinks and recipes, people have needed to put in no additional time and effort to experiment with oat milk. The internet has educated them enough about oat milk’s usage and benefits.
Moreover, besides the delicious taste and consistency, oat milk has become more popular due to its environmentally friendly origin. It reduces the global dependency on the dairy industry, but it also uses much less water compared to almond milk.
Furthermore, oat milk is extremely loved for having significantly fewer calories than cow milk. A cup of dairy milk has 12g of sugar and 149 calories compared to oat milk’s eight grams and 120 calories.
Moreover, a cup of oat milk has only 5 grams of fat compared to 8 grams found in cow milk. Furthermore, oat milk is a rich fiber source and helps avoid digestion-related issues.
How is Oat Milk Made?
Consumers worldwide choose to either purchase their oat milk from a grocery store or make it by themselves at home. The oat milk available at grocery stores could come in a milk carton box, a glass bottle, or even a large plastic container. Consumers can purchase the exact amount of oat milk they need to prevent it from going bad due to prolonged storage.
Making oat milk is extremely easy and does not require many ingredients. The process is as follows:
- Add a cup of dry oats and filtered water to a powerful blender and blend for at least 30 seconds until the mixture becomes white and creamy.
- Place a mesh over a bowl and pour the thick oats and water mixture over the mesh to strain it.
- Continue the straining process until every drop of liquid has been collected from the thick mixture in the bowl.
- Pour the oat milk into a container and refrigerate it.
Adding a small amount of natural vanilla or honey would further enhance the oat milk’s taste, consistency, and smell to keep people wanting more.
Moreover, although putting the oat milk in the refrigerator will increase its shelf life, one can also store the oat milk in their pantry or on their kitchen counter as long as the milk is away from heat.
Furthermore, one should always store a commercial carton in the fridge once it has been opened.
The Top Eight Best Ways to Consume Oat Milk Every Day
Oat Milk and Vanilla Latte
Coffee is one of the most consumed beverages around the world. With a small percentage of people preferring plain black coffee, the number of people who love milk in their coffee is significantly higher.
Oat milk-based coffee drinks were one of the first uses of oat milk that gained instant popularity on social media sites. Now, oat milk-based vanilla latte has become one of the most popular coffee drinks in many places of the world. Well-known celebrities like Kylie Jenner swear by this latte and claim to have it every day.
One can find oat milk-based vanilla lattes in many popular coffee shops or could even make it by themselves at home. The simple recipe to make a delicious and creamy cup of oat milk-based vanilla latte is as follows:
- Buy thick espresso or make it at home by grinding coffee grounds into a small amount of water until a smooth, highly concentrated coffee mixture is made. One can use a coffee machine for this purpose as well.
- Pour the contents of the espresso into a glass mason jar and add half a teaspoon of honey. Mix the mixture well so that no clumps of solidified honey are left behind. To make the latte even more delicious, one can add a dash of cinnamon powder at this step.
- Add a half teaspoon of organic vanilla extract.
- Pour your cold oat milk till the latte reaches the jar’s top and mix well.
To make this delicious latte your ultimate favorite, use a frothing machine to improve the consistency of the latte, and add a few cubes of ice to enjoy the rich oat and vanilla flavors.
Baked Oat Milk Cupcakes
Who doesn’t like a small, freshly baked, delicious homemade cupcake?
Making cupcakes at home is an extremely easy and fun activity that one can enjoy doing with their children. To enjoy homemade cupcakes that are healthier, more nutritious, and lactose-free, one needs to try oat milk-based cupcakes.
To make a mouthwatering batch of homemade oat milk cupcakes, one needs to follow the following instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 375-degree Fahrenheit
- Prepare the dry ingredients in a medium bowl by mixing flour, salt, and baking powder.
- To prepare the wet ingredients, use a separate bowl and a mixer to gradually cream the butter and 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil and sugar. Keep mixing the mixture for at least 1 minute.
- Add whisked eggs to the mixture and mix well.
- Add half a teaspoon of almond and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and keep stirring.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the pan and bake for at least 20 minutes until the cupcakes turn a golden-brown color.
- Take a half cup of softened butter and a three-quarter oat milk cup for the frosting and blend together.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to the frosting and set aside to cool.
- Use a silicone or rubber spatula to apply the chilled oat milk and vanilla frosting to the cupcakes, and brace yourself for some delicious oat milk baked goodness.
Creamy Oat Milk Based Soups
Nothing could be better than having a hot bowl of creamy soup on a cold winter evening. Using oat milk when preparing soup will enhance the soup’s flavor and aroma and add to its nutritional richness and thickness.
One can use oat milk to prepare many kinds of creamy soups such as cream of mushroom soup, creamy chicken and corn soup, thick tomato soup, creamy vegetable soup, etc.
The simple step to cooking with oat milk is replacing an animal-based or any other form of cream and using oat milk instead. Add enough oat milk and keep stirring the pot over the fire until the milk turns into having a thick creamy consistency.
To further add the health and richness of oats to the soup, one can sprinkle half a teaspoon of dry oats over the soup. Lastly, pour the soup into a heat-resistant bowl, and enjoy a hearty oat milk soup meal with a side of bread.
Oat Milk Based Hot Chocolate Drink
Cold winter nights are incomplete without a cozy mug of delicious hot chocolate. While almost everyone loves drinking hot chocolate, many weight-conscious people tend to avoid this winter delight due to the high amounts of calories and sugar.
However, there is a way to make a healthier, less sugary version of delicious creamy hot chocolate. One needs to simply replace their dairy milk with hot oat milk and whisk until the chocolate and milk have mixed.
Since oat milk has a natural sweetness, one does not have to add a lot of added sugar to get the perfect taste.
This oat milk-based hot chocolate will have far fewer calories, more fiber, less sugar, less fats, fewer carbs, and will be ideal for anyone who wishes to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate without worrying about their weight.
Oat Milk Based Coffee Dessert
Apart from making lattes, one of the most popular ways to use oat milk and coffee is to make cold coffee desserts. These desserts would be perfect for weight watchers, children, lactose intolerant individuals, and everyone who loves the taste and smell of oats and coffee together.
You need to follow the following steps to make an easy oat milk-based coffee dessert:
- Place a pan on low heat and pour two cups of oat milk.
- Once the oat milk gets warm, add one teaspoon of grounded coffee powder and two teaspoons of cocoa powder. Continue to stir until both the coffee and cocoa have completely dissolved.
- Pour the hot oat milk and coffee mixture into a bowl and start dipping in any plain biscuits or cookies of your choice. Remember to dip the biscuits just enough to get them fully soaked in the coffee and oat milk mixture without causing them to break.
- Begin layering the soaked biscuits or cookies in a different dish.
- Once the dish is fully layered, pour the rest of the coffee and oat milk mixture onto the soaked biscuits and place the container in the fridge.
- Whisk some oat milk, butter, and sweetened coffee together in a separate bowl until the mixture gets foamy and thick. Place this mixture in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to get the right consistency.
- Once the layered biscuit dish has gotten sufficiently cold, use a spatula to add a layer of foamy oat milk and coffee frosting.
- Add some crushed biscuits on top and enjoy the ultimate coffee and oat milk dessert.
Oat Milk Based Mac and Cheese Sauce
No matter the age, no one can ever get enough of mac and cheese. It is not only the ultimate comfort food but is also an instant mood lifter.
However, many people stay away from their much-loved bowls of mac and cheese to avoid gaining weight. To make a healthier version of mac and cheese that has fewer carbs, fats, and calories, replace the dairy milk with fresh organic oat milk when making the mac and cheese sauce.
Oat Milk Based Mashed Potatoes
Having a side of creamy mashed potatoes with roasted chicken and vegetables would turn any meal into a festive celebration. To feast on a healthier version of mashed potatoes, follow the following steps:
- Boil three medium-sized potatoes until they turn soft.
- Remove the skin and use a mashing tool to turn the potatoes into a soft mush.
- For an even smoother consistency, pass the mashed potatoes through a sieve.
- Once the potatoes are thoroughly mashed, add half a cup of hot oat milk and mix.
- You can add more oat milk if the mashed potatoes are still dry.
- To finish it off, add half a teaspoon of garlic powder and some fresh chopped cilantro.
Oat Milk Based Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it prepares you for your daily tasks and sets your mood. Hence, a person must have a nutritious breakfast containing healthy carbs, fiber, sugar, and calories.
For this, one of the best and most recommended breakfast options is a nutritious oat milk-based breakfast bowl. Many celebrities and health coaches swear by this breakfast and have it every day.
Follow the step below to prepare the ultimate oat milk-based breakfast bowl to kick start your day with high energy and a positive mood:
- Add a full cup of oat milk and three tablespoons of plant-based yogurt to a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Mix the two until a smooth, creamy consistency is achieved.
- Add a layer of organic strawberry jam and two tablespoons of dried oats.
- You can add half a teaspoon of honey for some extra healthy sweetness.
- Add a tablespoon of sunflower seeds, chopped berries, and crushed nuts of your choice.
- Finally, place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least twenty minutes, and enjoy.