The trend of cultivating and consuming different kinds of mushrooms as food or medicine is as old as 600 CE. First discovered in China and Japan, mushrooms were a food item that spread across the world in a short period of time.
Now, over 10,000 different species of mushrooms have been found in different regions of the world, with many being safe for human consumption.
Whether you are dedicated to living a vegan and plant-based lifestyle or simply love all kinds of food, it’s very likely that you love mushrooms in pretty much everything you eat. From being used to make deliciously thick sauces, to completely replacing the need for animal meat in vegan diets, mushrooms have surprised the world by being able to do it all.
One can buy shiitake mushrooms for an exquisite culinary experience or stick to a simple, budget-friendly can of button mushrooms; the options are unlimited.
If you are wondering why you need to add mushrooms to your diet every day, it’s because they barely have any calories and are a rich source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, and proteins.
Continue reading below to learn about the three amazing ways you can add mushrooms to your everyday diet. Let’s get started!
Top Three Amazing Ways You Can Add Mushrooms to Your Everyday Diet
Cheesy Mushroom Breakfast Omelet
Having a cheesy mushroom omelet is an excellent way to start your day the right way. Not only will it offer a great boost of energy, but will also uplift your mood. For this omelet, you need the following ingredients:
- Two eggs
- 100 grams of your favorite mushroom
- Baby spinach
- Cheddar and parmesan cheese
- Baby tomatoes
- Worcestershire sauce.
Follow the following steps:
- In a bowl, crack eggs and whisk well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, chop your mushrooms if they are large, or slice them if they are small ones.
- In the same bowl, add a handful of baby spinach, half cup cheddar cheese, and sliced baby tomatoes.
- Add two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and mix the ingredients together.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat and spray some butter onto its service.
- Pour your eggs and allow them to cook a little.
- Once the base of your eggs has solidified, pour your mixed ingredients over the eggs. Turn the flame down to a low and put a lid on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take out your omelet into a plate and garnish it with some shredded parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Thick Creamy Mushroom Sauce with a Side of Steak and Mashed Potatoes
A deliciously thick creamy mushroom sauce with a side of steak and mashed potatoes is the ultimate fancy date night dinner. Your partner would have a whole new appreciation for you and your extraordinary culinary skills.
For the thick creamy mushroom sauce, you need the following ingredients:
- A pound of your favorite mushrooms
- Heavy cream
- Chicken stock
- Bone broth
- Soy sauce
Follow the following steps for the sauce:
- In a blender, blend a cup of mushrooms with some filtered water until a pasty mixture is formed.
- Add half a cup of thick heavy cream and blend well.
- Pour in three tablespoons of chicken stock, three tablespoons of bone broth, two teaspoons of soy sauce, salt, and pepper into the blender and mix well until a silky-smooth mushroom sauce is made.
- You can add some sliced mushrooms to the sauce for more texture and taste.
- Serve the sauce with a side of steak and mashed potatoes, and enjoy a five-star restaurant dinner at home.
Mushroom and Cheese Toasties
For a simple yet delicious midday snack, mushroom and cheese toasties are perfect. Not only are they incredibly easy to prepare, but they also taste fantastic and re-energize you for the rest of the day.
For these toasties, you need:
- Two to three slices of any bread that you have available. Ours favorite is a multigrain bread
- Your favorite mushrooms
- Cheddar and parmesan cheese
- Mixed herbs
Follow the following simple steps:
- Spray butter onto both sides of the bread slices and put them on a low flame pan.
- As the bread slices heat up, add a handful of cheddar cheese on top and let it melt onto the bread.
- Add your favorite sliced mushrooms on top and turn down the heat as soon as the toast gets crispy, and the mushrooms mix in with melted cheese.
- Plate the toasties and garnish with shredded parmesan cheese and mixed herbs.
Prepare a cup of tea or coffee, sit back, and enjoy!