Do you want to make a chocolate bar at home in under 5 minutes using only two ingredients? You’re in luck! We will teach you how to do exactly that.
The best part about these homemade chocolate bars is that they are super easy to make, which means that you do not need to be good at baking or a chef in the kitchen to get these right.
Moreover, you can customize them to whatever flavor you want- chocolate mint, coconut, lotus- you name it. The sky is the limit!
Different Flavors for Chocolate Bars You Can Try at Home
- Dark chocolate almond: Cut a handful of almonds into small pieces and mix them with the other ingredients. You can use the same method for diced cashews, peanuts, or walnuts.
- Mint chocolate: Pour some drops of peppermint extract into the melted chocolate. If you are looking for more texture, you can add crispy rice cereal or cacao ribs to the mixture as well.
- Chocolate sea salt: Once you have poured the melted chocolate into a bowl, take some sea salt and sprinkle it on top.
- Chocolate coconut: You can stir shredded coconut into the melted chocolate or even sprinkle some on top of the chocolate bars before you freeze them.
- Peanut butter swirl: Once the chocolate has been poured into the container, take some almond butter or peanut butter and, with the help of a spoon, swirl it into the mixture. Let the chocolate chill until it firms.
- Espresso chocolate bars: When melting the chocolate, stir in 1/8 teaspoon of instant coffee. If you love the taste of coffee, you can add more of it into the mixture.
- Rocky road: Throw some chopped nuts and marshmallows into the chocolate mixture before popping it in the freezer.
Other flavors you can use in your chocolate bars include rainbow sprinkles, pistachios, pecans, dried blueberries, frozen and dried bananas, frozen and dried strawberries, and chia seeds; there are endless possibilities.
How to Make a Chocolate Bar at Home?
You can make chocolate bars at home with the help of polycarbonate, plastic, or silicone bar molds. If you do not want to use molds, you can also use a plastic container or loaf pan.
This makes adding your favorite toppings so easy. You can use caramel, dried fruits, berries, cookie pieces, nuts, toffee bits, marshmallows, chia seeds, and anything else you enjoy.
- Cocoa powder or cacao: ¼ cup
- Coconut oil: 3 tablespoons
- Maple syrup, agave, or honey: 3 tablespoons
- Toppings: Optional
- Start by melting the coconut oil and cacao together in a microwave.
- If you want, you can stir your favorite toppings into the mixture of melted chocolate and give it a good mix so that all the flavors get to know each other well.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick loaf pan, plastic container, or chocolate bar mold. You can add some toppings on top also if you wish.
- On a flat surface, tap the mold a few times. This will help get rid of air bubbles- you might see some of them forming on top of the chocolate when you tap the mold a couple of times.
- Use a knife or toothpick for popping the bubbles.
- Tap the mold again to smooth out the surface and ensure that the chocolate looks even from the top.
- Put the candy bars or molds in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Since chocolate hardens quickly, you shouldn’t leave it in the freezer overnight before you consume it.
- Once the chocolate bars have sufficiently hardened, you can remove them from the molds.
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Bars at Home
- Before packaging the chocolate bars, make sure to allow them to reach room temperature.
- If you want to store the chocolate bars, keep them at room temperature. These chocolate bars will last you up to six months. However, this also depends on the mix-ins that you have used and their shelf life. If you are using nuts, consume the chocolate bars within a couple of months.
- Each chocolate bar in this recipe contains 170 kcal. However, keep in mind that the calories depend on the kind of chocolate you use and the mix-ins and quantities.
If you do not have a loaf pan or candy bar molds, you can make chocolate bark instead of chocolate bars. All you have to do is spread your chocolate on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Since a chocolate bark can be as thin or thick as you like, unlike chocolate made in bar molds, you can add different toppings like pretzels, potato chips, and marshmallows.
Are you ready to make delicious chocolate bars at home? Let’s get to work!