An immersion or hand blender is a must-have gadget for every kitchen. Not only is it small, compact, and portable, takes up very little space, and is easy to use and clean up, but it also lets you whip up delicious recipes.
If you like cooking your dishes from scratch, this gadget can transform your life! It doesn’t require any additional attachments and can be used directly in your cooking pot or mixing bowl, making it a highly convenient and sought-after appliance.
It is essential to clean your immersion blender immediately after every use because if food particles are left on the blades for too long, it becomes hard to wash them off, and you risk the growth of bacteria on the hard-to-reach parts of your blender. Luckily, cleaning this gadget isn’t difficult at all and takes very little time and effort.
Other Names For an Immersion Blender
It is also known as a mini blender, wand blender, stick blender, smart stick, or hand blender. It is different from a bullet blender in terms that it does not require screwing a separate glass or plastic jug over the motor area.
What is an Immersion Blender Used For?
If you own an immersion blender, you can have endless possibilities for cooking, beating, blending, mixing, mashing, whipping, pureeing, and making smoothies, sauces, soups, salad dressings, condiments, baby foods, and cake batters, among other foods.
Benefits of Using an Immersion Blender
An immersion blender is a stick with blender blades attached at one end and a motor on the other. They offer plenty of benefits, some of which are:
- They don’t take much space; their size allows them to be stored in a small container or a kitchen drawer.
- They are a cheaper option than regular blenders with separate jugs and motors.
- They can be used on the stovetop, or directly in the cooking pot.
- They are almost silent or make little noise because their motor is encased in their handle.
- They are very easy to clean.
Tips For Deep Cleaning an Immersion Blender
After blending, beating, mixing, whipping, or performing any other magic with this wand, take a break and clean it instantly. Washing and cleaning the blades right away after each use will save you from the hassle of scraping off dried and crusted bits of food later on.
Never put the power base or motor part of your immersion blender in a dishwasher or submerge it in water. Doing this can damage the electrical components and may cause an injury due to electric shock. Even though an immersion blender is not dishwasher safe, cleaning it is a simple process and does not require much time.
Steps to Follow For Deep Cleaning an Immersion Blender
Cleaning an immersion blender is easy and only takes one minute. Follow these steps for cleaning and prolonging the life of your gadget:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. You can start with warm water or microwave the water in the bowl for a few seconds and then add soap to it.
- Next, submerge the blades in soapy water. Don’t wet the top part (the motor) as it can damage the appliance.
- Start the blender by pressing the power button and do some quick pulses until the food particles break away and the blades become clean.
- Unplug the blender and let it dry. You can also wipe the outside of the blender for a quick dry and store it till the next use.
How and Where to Store the Immersion Blender?
- Wrap the cord around the broadest part of the handle so the blades don’t accidentally cut and damage it.
- Make sure to fully dry the blender before stowing it away. Moisture can cause mildew growth, causing health issues for you and your family.
- Keep the blender in its container, away from the reach of children.
Creating delicious recipes is easy and fun with this little easy-to-use kitchen gadget. Deep cleaning will remove any residual food stuck at the bottom and in between the blades and will prevent bacteria and mold from growing and compromise the integrity of the blender and the health of you and your loved ones.
How do you use your immersion blender? Let us know your favorite recipes in the comments below!